As of this issue of the newspaper, the Red&Black will be trying something new to add some fun to the newspaper and, ultimately, to give back to you, our readers. For the rest of the semester, we will be hiding our new eagle mascot, pictured to the right, in each issue of the newspaper and sending our readers off on a search to find it. We may change the color of our mascot, we may make him big or tiny and we may blend him in with photographs or mix him in with text. Your tasks as readers will be to simply scour the pages of the Red&Black in search of him and, when you find him, take a picture of him and send it to us. Just use Instagram, Facebook or Twitter to DM us your pictures of our new mascot along with your full name, email address, and campus mailbox number by the following Wednesday at 5:00pm after the issue in which you are searching is published and you will be entered into a raffle to win a $5 Barista gift card. Even if your name does not get pulled for the weekly Barista gift card, do not give up! We will be keeping track of how many submissions you make into the weekly raffles and those who submit the most times will be entered into a final raffle at the end of the semester for a grand prize of a $20 Barista gift card. So make sure to pick up each new issue of the Red&Black and search for our new eagle mascot for your chance to win.
Mascot Search Rules and Regulations:
- All current Washington & Jefferson College students, faculty, and staff and eligible for entry into the weekly raffles and for winning the weekly prizes and grand prize.
- All students on the Red&Black editorial staff are ineligible for entry into the weekly raffles and for winning the weekly prizes and grand prize.
- For each new issue of the newspaper, entries for the weekly raffle will be accepted from as soon as the new issue hits the racks until 5:00pm EST on the following Wednesday.
- One potential winner for each weekly raffle will be selected in a random drawing of eligible entries on the Wednesday of that week following the entry deadline. Odds of winning the prize will depend on the number of eligible entries submitted.
- One potential winner for the grand prize raffle will be selected in a random drawing of eligible entries of those people who submitted the highest number of entries during the entirety of the Mascot Search.
- In order to enter for the weekly raffle, you must send a picture of our mascot along with your full first and last name, email address, and campus box number in a direct message to the Red&Black’s Instagram account (rednblackwj), Facebook account (@wjredandblack) or Twitter account (@rednblackWJ). Submissions will not be taken through email or any other form of contact.
- All photos submitted for the Mascot Search may be edited and/or republished on Red&Black social media in connection with the Mascot Search. Names of those who submitted entries may also be published in connection with the Mascot Search. If you do not wish your first and/or last name to be published, please indicate thus each time you make an entry.
- All personal information including email addresses and campus box numbers will be kept confidential.
- Each photo must be taken by the individual submitting the entry.
- Winners of all raffles will be notified by email and the prize will be placed in the winner’s campus mailbox number.
- Any questions regarding the Mascot Search or any part of it may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. edu